Trusted Business Lawyers in Edmonton
At Forum Law our team of lawyers takes commercial, corporate and business law seriously. After all, we are a business ourselves and understand from the experience of starting our own local business the steps, issues, complications, and adversity that every company faces when getting started and managing day-to-day operations. When you need realistic and comprehensive advice on all legal matters about your business, you can trust us to act in your best interests as your corporate business lawyer.
Book a consultation with a business lawyer now!
What is corporate & business law?
Whether you’re starting a new business, growing an established one, or entering into a commercial purchase and sale transaction, having the proper corporate and business lawyer at your side to advise you on all legal issues you might encounter is essential. At Forum Law, we work diligently to protect your assets and ensure you can grow your investments with minimal risk. Our experience and knowledge benefits companies in every field, including:
- And More
How does it work?
Our team of corporate lawyers are also business owners themselves, and bring to the table the business and legal experience necessary to provide realistic and comprehensive advice to all business owners.
Differences between commercial and corporate lawyers
While many business owners may seek a business lawyers to advise appropriately on transactions and proper legal proceedings, our team is also adept at being advisors in legal disputes with another party. No matter what your needs are, we can be of service for any civil litigation, corporate and commercial law issue. This is a great convenience to our clients because, as a business owner, you will find yourself in need of advisors who can assist in both of these areas. After all, there is a difference.
- Corporate Lawyers – Corporate law covers all aspects related to the company’s daily operation, such as forming or making changes to the corporation, raising capital, distributing profits, liquidation, and more.
- Commercial Lawyers – Commercial law relates to individual transactions such as purchases and sales of business or goods. Transactions such as employment contracts, financing, leasing property, and litigating disputes fall into this category.
Services we provide
Owning and running a business can be unpredictable. Changes in consumer trends, the financial outlook, and world events will heavily influence how the company performs and the steps you need to take to manage change. Having a team of expert business lawyers on your side familiar with your company and ones you can trust will help you navigate business operations more smoothly. Forum Law is here to act as your trusted corporate advisor. We can assist with:
- Business Purchases and Sales (Asset and Share Transactions)
- Commercial Real Estate Purchases and Sales
- Commercial Financing (for Lenders and Borrowers)
- Commercial Leasing (for Landlords and Tenants)
- Franchise Law (for Franchisors and Franchisees)
- Joint Venture, Partnership, and Shareholder Agreements
- Other Contract Drafting including Employment, Consulting and Confidentiality Agreements
- Islamic/ Sharia Compliant Financing, Halal Mortgages
- Corporate Governance, Management, and Organizational Matters
- Business Succession Planning
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Reorganizations
- Minute Book Maintenance and Storage